Direct Line Group is one of the top tier motor, home and small business insurers in the UK and home to some of the nation's best-known brands: Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege, Green Flag and NIG.
Our mission is to make insurance easier and better value for customers.
We currently have an exciting opportunity to join our team of External Automotive Engineers, on full-time and permanent basis, with positions available within the north, south-east and south-west geographical locations of the inner M25 Greater London area.
Purpose of Role
You will provide an inspection service and technical support to the claims functions, inspecting all claimants vehicles within agreed service level timeframes. Delivery of financial performance, meeting business and customer expectations with focus on time, effort and quality.
Adhering to Motor Fulfilment standard methodology model, delivering success through achievement of personal objectives.
Experience and skills
- Ensuring that the customer experience is at the heart of everything you do, treating customers fairly at all times.
- Use appropriate judgement to deliver excellent customer performance in line with the Direct Line Group values and strategy
- Support the delivery and management of the AD spend
- Identify, own and manage the risks involved in running our business appropriate to your role, interacting with the appropriate internal and external contacts.
- Ensure opportunities and threats are managed proactively and in line with the Group Risk Framework minimum standards.
- Collaborate with your colleagues and the wider business to drive the correct outcome for DLG and our customers.
- Develop self to maximise your full potential in the role
- Applicants must have previously worked in the Automotive industry, undertaking similar duties, either as a Motor Insurance Engineer or Vehicle Damage Assessor and having a minimum of NVQ3 in Automotive Repair or similar.
- ATA VDA qualifications are desirable
- Applicants should also have a good understanding of Thatcham Escribe and Audatex software, along with good knowledge of vehicle repair techniques and motor insurance claims processes.
Please contact us at:
Please note: you will need to create log-in to apply